doors

doors

Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Happy Anniversary to the Prize Hog at Auction

That's how I felt as I stepped onto he scale at my doctor's office today.  Why is it that your Dr's scale NEVER matches your scale at home?  His said I was 4 lbs heavier than mine!  I don't care - for my own mental sanity I am going to stick with the figures on my scale - from start to finish!  So..........according to my scale - I am down 30 lbs!  Ok - the exclamation point was me faking it - honestly - I thought I would have lost more by now - when I told my surgeon that - he was shocked.  He told me that I was doing great - and that I had lost a significant amount of weight and I shouldn't expect more...........I reminded him who I was after that comment.

I wanted to know why my clothes still fit - some looser - but still!  Why aren't things just HANGING on me by now.  It's been a month and 3 days!  COME ON!  And then it came............you can start to excercise now....don't overdo it.............but start.............I CANNOT BELIEVE I wrote that knowing that Mr. Running himself was going to read this.............but its true.  I'm going to start walking this week. 

Other topics of conversation dealt with 1) pain meds - only Aleve works for me - but I am very limited on how much I can take; 2) vitamins - I CANNOT take the frisbee sized chewables I bought which taste like hateful sour patch kids...........got new ones to swallow!  3) nausea - I've been getting sick daily since last Wednesday - sometimes a couple times a day.  I'm supposed to keep an eye on this - it may be the types of foods are not agreeing with me - or that I am STILL not chewing enough - or that I have a stricture forming.  4) Potential hair loss - I've been told that I will have "shedding" but that I will not go bald...........Dr. Small is going to rue the day if he is wrong on this one! 

Honestly - my Dr. is the BEST - he has the most amazing bedside manner - and takes his time with each patient.  The last time I was in the office, there were several ladies SWOONING over him in the waiting room - I told him about it during my appt - and he blushed.  He's just an all around good guy - honestly - someone that would be in my group of friends outside of being my doctor.  Lots of trust in him.

Not sure why - but I am TIRED today.  It took me a little while to fall asleep last night - but I should have gotten enough rest.  I think my body is still adjusting.  I am fading right now..........ready for a nap.  Work has been very cooperative - but there are some who are not.  You know the type.

Well - one thing that is making me happy - today is my 3rd anniversary.  I can't believe it.  I've been Mrs. Jordan Rial for 3 WHOLE years now!  And we've been together for 4 - time has really flown by.  Even if I'm a little discouraged, very tired, sick to my stomach, sore & weak - I'm smiling b/c of my husband.  I love you Jordan!

No comments:

Post a Comment